Be The First To See The New Range Rover Evoque At Duckworth’s
On 22 November, Land Rover unveiled the new Evoque in London. See it first at Duckworth Land Rover in January.
A more sophisticated and refined vehicle from the original, which became the fastest-selling member of the Range Rover family of luxury SUV vehicles after launch in 2011, the update focuses on what Chief Design Officer Gerry McGovern calls “reductive design”.
Dubbed the ‘great second album’, the initial challenge to the designers was obvious, as Gerry said: “It has been our most successful vehicle, selling nearly 800,000 vehicles since it was first introduced into the market. So the challenge really was, given that the first Evoque was so successful, how do you replace it?”
Everything you need to know about the new Evoque
Space and Practicality
- 1mm longer than its predecessor
- Larger rear door openings
- More leg room in the back
- Extra width in the boot – 10% increase in volume
- Large front and rear door bins with storage cubbies
- Got skis? There’s a collapsible side net for small items and this can be split 40/20/40 to allow skis to run between rear passengers
Engine and Efficiency
- Turbocharged 2/0-litre four-cylinder engines
- 148bhp diesel – 296bhp petrol options
- Automatics get a 48V mild hybrid system (this stores energy from deceleration to be redeployed in the engine – reducing fuel consumption and improving efficiency by up to 6%)
- Mild hybrid technology allows for quieter and smoother journeys
- Plans to expand the range in early 2020 with a three-cylinder petrol engine and plug-in hybrid emitting just 45kg/km of CO2.
- Smart rear-view mirror – By flicking a switch on your rear-view mirror you get a high-definition video screen using a camera positioned above the video to provide a wider field of vision and better visibility in low light.
- Ground view – Get a 180deg image of what’s beneath the car. This is perfect for off-roading or tight spots in the city.
- Wireless updates to infotainment software and sat-nav maps
- Key fobs – learns preferences, climate control and seat settings of different drivers
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone mirroring
- 6 USB ports and 4G wi-fi hotspot (supporting up to eight devices)
See it first at Duckworth’s
We are now taking deposits for the New Evoque, and you can see it first at Duckworth Land Rover Boston or Market Rasen when it comes in January! The exhilarating new model arrives at our Boston launch event on 15th January and will then be launched at Market Rasen on the 16th, making our showrooms the first place in the Midlands to experience it in all its glory! Keep your eyes on our social channels or sign up to our newsletter to learn how you can attend!