Lincolnshire Road Trips To Enjoy In Your Jaguar or Land Rover
Lincolnshire is a place of great beauty. From the stunning Wolds to the wonderful Lincoln Cathedral, there are plenty of places to explore while making the most of your Jaguar or Land Rover’s impressive capabilities.
Summer has now arrived, and we know most of you will be looking ahead for opportunities to embrace the open road. Wondering where to pinpoint on the map? We’ve compiled a list of some of our favourite road trips and summer adventures.
If you enjoy getting behind the wheel of your exquisite Jaguar or luxurious Land Rover as much as we do, we’re sure you’ll be booking many adventures in no time after reading this list!
1) Lincolnshire Wolds
If you’re wanting to start local before broadening your horizons beyond the county, we strongly recommend exploring the Lincolnshire Wolds, a designated Area Of Natural Beauty.
A great day out for everyone to enjoy, from lone strollers to families and friends, this is a road trip for long-standing Lincolnshire lovers and newcomers to England’s fourth-biggest county.
- Start at the historic town of Caistor, where you’ll find plenty of traditional shops and cafes to enjoy a light bite and a cuppa to start the day.
- Set off towards Nettleton, where you’ll enjoy fantastic views of the Wolds, as well as ironstone cottages and the glorious Viking Way walk, which was highly commended in The Times 2014 country walk list.
- After enjoying the lovely hilltop views that Viking Way has to offer, venture out towards Walesby, where you can enjoy exploring the Ramblers’ Church.
- Next up on the scenic, countryside tour is Tealby, one of Lincolnshire’s most beautiful villages thanks to its classic stone buildings and river.
- Once you’ve taken in the sights of Tealby, continue the road trip towards Kirmond le Mire and take a stroll around the deserted medieval settlement of Beckfield.
- If you enjoy Beckfield, there is, in fact, another medieval settlement on the Lincolnshire Wolds road trip. Binbrook and Brokenby, the next destination just slightly north of Tealby, features the site of a priory of Premonstratensian nuns.
- The final length of the journey takes you back towards Caistor. Rothwell is a fitting end to the Lincolnshire road trip, boasting a medieval church and pub.
2) Lincoln Landmarks
Another option in the local, Lincolnshire road trips is a 78-mile journey that includes views of Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln Castle and the famous Newport Arch. Those looking to check out a few of the county’s famous landmarks should definitely take their Jaguar or Land Rover on this adventure!
- Start at Lincoln and leave the city through the Newport Arch, which is actually the UK’s only surviving Roman archway. What a way to start a road trip! After the Arch, you’ll want to head down Burton Road, taking the B1398 towards the countryside. Be sure to look out for spectacular views of Trent Valley!
- Take a left onto the A1500 towards Doncaster and Sturton by Stow before taking a right onto the B1241. You’ll soon come across St. Mary’s Church, which dates way back to late-Saxon times.
- Turn right, back up the hill on the B1398. Keep an eye out for the magnificent limestone hills and traditional houses in Glentworth before turning onto the B1205. You’ll then need to turn onto Ermine Street (A15) towards Ancholme Valley, which features classic Lincolnshire countryside viewpoints. This is a very enjoyable part of the route, where you can take advantage of your Jaguar or Land Rover’s fantastic grip on the roads and roaring engine as you cruise around several bends.
- Drive through the flat countryside and over the New River Ancholme towards South Kelsey. Here, you’ll pass through the amazing Willingham Woods, which we are about to explore on our Discovery Wolds cycle/woodland walk for Macmillan Cancer.
- Once you get to the A46 at Nettleton, you’ll see the First World War memorial.
- Head towards the historic town of Caistor before leaving on the A46 towards Grimsby. From here, you can take your vehicle down the scenic route through Cabourne and Irby.
- After driving through Irby, you’ll want to follow the road towards Beelsby, where you can make the most of your Jaguar or Land Rover’s explosive power, climbing up a long descent with ease.
- Drive past Crosby and Thorseway in the heart of the stunning Lincolnshire Wolds. Next up is yet another delightful countryside village: Stainton le Vale. Here, you’ll need to rejoin Caistor High Street, a route that has existed for centuries, dating back to before the Romans arrived.
- Head towards the top of the Wolds at Walesby, where you’ll get an excellent view of the countryside as well as Lincoln Cathedral.
- Continue towards Market Rasen, where you can pop in and visit the Duckworth team, as well as explore the Centenary Wesleyan Methodist Church or Race Course.
- To head back towards Lincoln, exit Rasen on the B1202 through Linwood and Lissington, turning right along the B1399 that joins the A158.
Are you road-trip ready?
You’ve got the route and the enthusiasm, but is your vehicle 100% ready for summer? Our expert, specially trained Jaguar Land Rover technicians can give you complete peace of mind before you embark on your road trip.
Book a summer health check at either our Boston or Market Rasen site to ensure your Jaguar or Land Rover is performing to its full impressive capabilities and potential.
Call 01205 722110 to book at Boston or 01673 842 101 for Market Rasen. We also offer a huge range of parts and accessories to make your road trip even more comfortable, entertaining and activity-filled!
Start your adventure at Duckworth’s
Hoping to make your road trip extra memorable with a brand-new vehicle? We’d love to show you around our huge range of new and approved used Land Rovers and Jaguars.
From the exhilarating F-TYPE to the award-winning, all-electric I-PACE – the versatile Discovery Sport to the first-class, refined Range Rover – there’s plenty to marvel at when exploring our showroom.
Visit us in Lincolnshire and book a test drive at Lincolnshire’s most-loved, family-run retailer today!